Patients and Families
We deliver in-home rehabilitaion that patient deserve, always
At GrandCare Health we understand recovering from surgery is not just about medical care, but also about providing support, compassion, and personalized attention to our patients and their families. We believe that every individual deserves the highest level of care, comfort, and dignity, right in the comfort of their own home.
Here’s what you can expect from GrandCare Health:
- Initial Assessment: Following your physicians orders, our caring and experienced team will conduct an initial assessment to evaluate your needs and develop a plan of care. This assessment may involve reviewing medical history, medications, and discussing your goals and preferences.
- Care Planning: Based on the information gathered during the assessment, we will develop a personalized care plan tailored to your unique needs. Our team will collaborate with you, your family, and your physician to create a comprehensive and effective plan that addresses your well-being.
- Coordination with Physician: We understand the importance of effective communication and collaboration with your healthcare team. Our clinicians will work closely with your primary care physician and specialists to ensure a seamless continuum of care. We will keep them informed about your progress, any changes in your condition, and any necessary adjustments to the care plan.
- Skilled and Compassionate Care: Once the care plan is in place, our skilled and compassionate caregivers will provide the necessary services in the comfort of your own home. This may include care, rehabilitation therapies, medication management, incision care, skilled nursing, assistance with activities of daily living, and more. Our team will work diligently to help you regain your independence, promote healing, and improve your overall quality of life.
- Ongoing Monitoring and Evaluation: We believe in the importance of continuous monitoring and evaluation of your progress. Our team will regularly assess your condition, adjust the care plan as needed, and provide any necessary education and support to you and your family. We are committed to ensuring that you receive the highest quality of care throughout your home health journey.
- Open Communication: Throughout your time with us, we prioritize open communication. We encourage you and your family to share any concerns, questions, or feedback you may have. Our dedicated team is here to listen, address your needs, and provide the support you require.
Choosing home health care is a significant decision, and we want you to feel confident and comfortable throughout the process. At [Home Health Agency Name], we are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized care that enhances your well-being and allows you to thrive in the comfort of your own home.
Services We Offer
Are Home Health Services Covered by Insurance?
The Home health benefit is included in most Medicare, HMO, Worker’s Comp and Commercial insurance plans. Click below to see if your plan is covered.
Areas We Serve.
Proudly Serving the Following Communities:
We are available for patients in all metropolitan areas of Southern California, including Los Angeles County, Ventura County, San Bernardino County, Orange County, Riverside County, and San Diego County.
Alhambra | Beverly Hills | Burbank | Downey | Glendale | Huntington Park | Inglewood | Long Beach | Los Angeles | Malibu | Manhattan Beach | Pasadena | Pomona | Redondo Beach | Santa Clarita | Santa Monica | Sierra Madre | South Gate | South Pasadena | Temple City | Torrance | Walnut | West Covina | West Hollywood | Whittier
What Can You Expect?
GrandCare will send a Registered Nurse or Physical Therapist within 24-48 hours of discharge from the hospital or outpatient surgery center.
Upon admission, we will begin education, wound care and medication management. We outline interventions, outcomes, home exercise programs and patient education customized to your physician’s preferences.
Based on individual need and physician preferences, a GrandCare clinician will visit you per your physician instructions. Visits will happen less often as you improve.
Patients are typically discharged to outpatient physical therapy when your doctor feels it is safe to do so.
Here are the most frequent questions and answers we get.
Home health services enable patients to rehabilitate in the comfort of their own residence. Home health care is usually less expensive, more convenient, and just as effective as care you get in a hospital or skilled nursing facility (SNF). Home health is prescribed by a doctor when an individual is recently discharged from a hospital or long-term care facility. The doctor will determine the need for nursing or therapy services at home.
Orthopedics is a branch of medicine focusing on the care of the musculoskeletal system made up of muscles, bones, joints, ligaments and tendons. The most common orthopedic surgeries include:
- Knee Replacement
- Hip Replacement
- ACL Surgery
- Shoulder Replacement
- Joint Fusion
Our Cardiac Recovery Program is specifically designed to support patients recovering from heart surgery by providing personalized care within the comfort of their own homes. With our team of highly skilled healthcare professionals, GrandCare is an unwavering support system for patients, helping them navigate their recovery journey with confidence and triumph. The cardiac surgeries we accecpt:
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
- Insertion of a pacemaker or implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Heart valve repair or replacement
- Maze surgery
- Heart transplant
- Insertion of a ventricular assist device (VAD) or total artificial heart (TAH)
- Transcatheter structural heart surgery
Home Health provides skilled care by licensed medical professionals such as a physical therapist, occupational therapist or skilled nurse. This type of care is typically prescribed by a doctor following hospitalization or an injury. The cost of Home Health services is covered by most insurance plans. The services offered typically include:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Skilled nursing
- Mobility Training
- Wound care
- Medication management
Home Care provides help for seniors who need assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs). This is unskilled care, and the cost is not covered by most insurance plans. Home Care services include:
- Care Companionship
- Meal Planning and Preparation
- Errands and Grocery Shopping
- Medication Oversight
- Light Housekeeping, Laundry
- Bathing and Dressing
- Incontinence Assistance and Toileting
- Assistance with Bill Paying
- Transportation services
The combination of Home Health and Home Care services can be beneficial for some individuals by providing a holistic approach ensuring that both their medical and daily needs are met.
Home health services are prescribed by a physician when a patient is homebound following a surgery or medical setback. Home health therapy exercises are less advanced and are focused on restoring functional mobility to be able to do activities of daily living (transfer, bathing, dressing, grooming) without any falls or injuries. These exercises are focused on restoring the patient’s range of motion (ROM) and ambulation so that they are no longer homebound and can transition to outpatient therapy.
Outpatient therapy services are provided after home health is complete. Patients are no longer considered homebound and are a few weeks post-operative. These exercises are more advanced and are focused on restoring and maintaining strength, endurance, flexibility, stability and balance.
The Home health benefit is included in most Medicare, HMO and Commercial insurance plans. In some cases, there may be a co-pay.
To receive home health services, a physician must prescribe the need for the care and certify that the patient is homebound. A patient will be considered homebound if they have a condition or injury that restricts their ability to leave their place of residence without the aid of supportive devices or the use of special transportation. If you think that you or a loved one may benefit from home health services, contact your physician’s office.
See how GrandCare compares to other home health agencies here using the Medicare Care Compare tool.
Yes. All patients have the right to control the care that is provided to them. This includes choosing the provider that renders the care. Your choice must be honored. You can ask your physician or hospital discharge planner about home health services and inform them that you would like to choose GrandCare if you prefer our services.
- Recognized as the leading Orthopedic In-Home Rehab agency in Southern California
- Consistent 5-Star CMS Ratings
- Proven to provide high quality, cost-effective patient care
- 200+ 5-star reviews on Yelp and Google from previous patients
- In-house therapy team specializing in orthopedic rehabilitation
- Single point of contact with dedicated case managers
- Continuum of care between physicians and post-acute care settings
- Home Care Elite status
Providing quality care to our patients is our top priority. We are proud to have over 95% of our reviewers rating us as 5-star on Google and Yelp. See what previous clients have to say about our services! Read more reviews.
We provide all the resources necessary for patients to have a successful recovery.
Interested In Learning If Our Services Are Right For You Or A Loved One?
Have questions or ready to get started? One of our health care customer service representatives can assist you.